In ARHU we inspire and challenge you to BE WORLDWISE in every sense of the word. Open yourself to stimulating courses and many other opportunities that help you appreciate human experience, thought, expression and creativity.
ARHU advisors will help you navigate your college journey so you can discover your passion, develop your academic plan and infuse your UMD experience with study abroad, internships, engaged research with faculty and career explorations.
Every ARHU student is required to participate in college and departmental advising.
Meet With an Advisor to:
- Contact and meet with the departmental/major advisor to discuss major and begin academic plan.
- Complete the Foreign Language Placement Assessment (FLPA)
- Schedule an appointment with an ARHU advisor (click here) or by calling 301-405-2108 to complete your change of major. Bring your signed Academic Plan Checklist to your appointment .
Schedule an appointment to have your registration block lifted or to meet with an advisor for general questions.
- Form must be obtained from Education Abroad and signed by your major advisor prior to your appointment with Arts and Humanities
- Students seeking approval to complete the Global Engagement Requirement abroad should schedule to meet with Paula Nadler specifically.
- GenEd course evaluations must be requested through the corresponding UMD department(s) for the course(s).
Schedule an appointment to get final approval of your SACA (Study Abroad Course Approval) Form
Study abroad advising is also available during walk-in advising hours. Please note that you may need to leave your form with an advisor for further review; you will be contacted to pick up your form when it is ready (usually within 48 hours).
Schedule an appointment to meet with Ms. Tiara Lowe to complete advising for registration if you are on academic probation or academic dismissal
Schedule an appointment with Amanda Bachert for Athlete Advising
Schedule an appointment to request permission to register for up to 20 credits before the first day of classes if:
- you are a Music, Theatre or Dance major
- you are graduating in the upcoming semester
- registration for your fifth course will cause you to exceed 16 credits
Please note that on the first day of classes the credit limit is automatically increased from 16 to 20 credits.