STRATEGIC CAREER PREPARATION
Apply your ARHU education to a range of industries.
ARHU students have access to integrated academic and career advising and a growing number of creative and unique career preparation offerings. Plus, our career advisors are trained to help you explore future career paths, search for jobs and internships, develop or design your resume, prep for an interview and more. Some of our programs include:
- Career panels and networking events in a wide variety of fields
- Visual arts, performing arts and language job fairs
- Workshops on Adobe Photoshop and other tools
- Access to the University Career Center’s popular “Intern for a Day” program
- Career Shuttles to visit top employers in the region
University Career Center @ ARHU
Get student-driven and personalized advising and programming tailored specifically for arts and humanities majors. To get started, reserve an appointment through Careers4Terps by logging in and clicking "Request a Career Advising Appointment" in the shortcuts menu. Call (301) 314-7225 with questions.
During the fall and spring semesters: Mondays from 1:30 - 3:30 p.m. and Thursdays from 9:30 - 11:30 a.m.
All drop-in and scheduled appointments are held in 1118 Francis Scott Key Hall.
Note: Advising is available to all arts & humanities undergraduates, master's students and recent graduates up to one year after graduation. ARHU doctoral students may access services through the Graduate School's Professional Development and Career Services
Services provided by the University Career Center @ ARHU:
- Job search strategies (networking, follow-up etiquette, informational interviews, etc.)
- Developing customized application materials for desired industry or field of choice
- Preparing for interviews
- Salary research
- How to make contacts within a specific industry
- Internship search strategies
- Major and career exploration
- Graduate school application support
Academic Career Courses
You may also be interested in taking a 1-credit online career development course.
If you need introductory information about resumes, internships or career exploration, you may also schedule an appointment with a general career advisor in the University Career Center & The President's Promise, located at 3100 Hornbake Library, South Wing, by calling (301) 314-7225.