GRADUATION & COMMENCEMENT
Congratulations on your upcoming graduation!
Applying for Graduation
- Make sure that you apply for graduation through Testudo no later than the last day of schedule adjustment of the semester in which you plan to graduate.
- You are encouraged to meet with both departmental and college advisors for an audit prior to your final semester’s registration.
Participating in Commencement
- You are eligible to participate in the University Commencement Ceremony (in Comcast) ONLY if you will have all degree requirements (ARHU, CORE/GenEd, major and university requirements) completed at the end of your graduating semester.
- If you will not have all your degree requirements completed but plan to finish in summer or winter term, you must contact your major advisor to petition to participate in your departmental ceremony . It is at the discretion of your major advisor to determine eligibility to participate in the departmental commencement ceremony.
- You are only eligible to participate in graduation in the semester in which you will graduate. Students graduating in December are not eligible to participate in May ceremonies, and vice versa.
- You will not officially graduate (i.e. be awarded your diploma) until all of your requirements are completed and all outstanding obligations to the university have been met.
- You may purchase your regalia (including caps and gowns) through the University Book Store.
Note: There are only two commencement ceremonies, held in May and December, and degrees are issued in May, August and December. Students earning August degrees are automatically eligible to walk in the December ceremony. Students completing requirements during a winter term will earn their degrees the following May.
Summa cum laude, magna cum laude and cum laude are the highest commencement honors that the University bestows for sustained excellence in scholarship. Each year the Registrar's Office publishes the GPA ranges for the academic year towards the end of September.